Assurance – Actuarial Services, General Insurance, Internship
Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Type: Temp to Full Time
A career within Actuarial Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute general insurance advice and consulting services to clients such as insurers, banks, regulators, and third party administrators. You’ll provide advice covering solvency, economic capital, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring and risk control, financial modelling, underwriting, new legislation, and the efficiency of claims or reporting processes. During the internship, you might have a chance to help analyse the impact that new regulation will have on an insurance company’s balance sheet or you could be revising businesses’ projections and making sure they have adequate reserves.
Our Actuarial internship programme provides opportunity to experience work and life at PwC. During the internship, you will be exposed to a wide range of work and clients, and will be expected to make a valuable contribution through:
· Working on different live projects - to gain client and project exposure
· Coaching and Mentorship – to get timely feedback from your “career coach”
· Networking with professionals – to share information, knowledge and experience
Internship Period: Jul 2022 – Dec 2022 (Open for both full-time and part-time application, negotiable for the internship period)
We are mainly looking for year 2 or above candidates, major in Quantitative Finance, Actuarial or Mathematics. Successful applicants should demonstrate:
· Strong interest in developing your future career in actuarial
· Enthusiasm towards our client services, possession of relevant experience is an advantage
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Good organisational skills, be able to priortize work and meet deadlines
· Leadership potential and qualities in being an influencer
· Willingness to travel abroad for out-of-town assignments
· Ability to work under pressure and flexibility to work longer hours if needed
· A strong command on Chinese and English
· Positive energy and drive for success
We offer a series of comprehensive business and technical training as well as an excellent environment for career development. Upon completion of the programme, high performers will be identified for an associate return offer (eligible to penultimate year students only).
PwC helps organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 223,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC refers to the PwC network and/or one or more of its member firms, each of which is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.
PwC China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and Singapore work together on a collaborative basis, subject to local applicable laws. Collectively, we have around 600 partners and 16,000 people in total.
We provide organisations with the professional service they need, wherever they may be located. Our highly qualified, experienced professionals listen to different points of view to help organisations solve their business issues and identify and maximise the opportunities they seek. Our industry specialisation allows us to help co-create solutions with our clients for their sector of interest.
We are located in these cities: Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Shenyang, Dalian, Tianjin, Jinan, Qingdao, Nanjing, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Ningbo, Hefei, Zhengzhou, Wuhan, Changsha, Xi’an, Chengdu, Chongqing, Kunming, Xiamen, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Macau.