Commercial lines, Data Management, Property/casualty
4 Year Degree
Enstar Group is a publicly-traded, global, specialty insurance firm. With more than 1400 employees in 27 offices, Enstar leverages its expertise in claims management, risk analysis, and investment to generate value. Enstar also provides management, consulting, and other services to the global insurance industry. These services make Enstar different, something unique. Enstar is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock market (ticker symbol: ESGR).
Work Location: Jersey City, NJ preferred.
We are also open to candidates from North-East Region
- Modeling of APH accounts for reserving and commutation purposes
- Support commutation pricing and settlement activities with analysis and modeling of underlying exposures by applying appropriate actuarial methodologies and reasonable assumptions.
- Understand underlying reinsurance and insurance contracts.
- Support measurement of actual v. expected and the calculation of loss reserves for various lines of businesses and other reserve segments as assigned.
- Independently manipulate, organize, and reconcile data.
- Work with the Finance, Data Management, and Ceded Reinsurance teams to produce and reconcile the data for the valuation processes.
- Contribute to reporting the results of actuarial valuations and analyses to the relevant stakeholders and committees.
- Contribute to the maintenance of SOX controls and other reserve analyses, as necessary.
- Support the work of external actuaries as required.
- Assist in other projects undertaken by the actuarial team e.g. M&A due diligence and transition and business planning analyses.
In addition to the above key responsibilities may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the Company may reasonably require
- College degree or equivalent preferred.
- Working towards FCAS designation
- 2+ years of experience working as a reserving actuary preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented.
- Experience on asbestos & environmental and workers' compensation as well as other long-tail claims
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities and assignments.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to present and communicate financial data concisely
- Strong computer skills with particular emphasis on ResQ, Microsoft Excel and Access, Power BI, Tableau (Intermediate / advanced).
- Comprehensive understanding of insurance & finance terminology.
General Skills / Attributes:
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Flexibility to adapt
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to start analysis at a granular level and develop the big picture.
At Enstar we believe that our employees are our most important asset. Helping our employees and their families achieve and maintain good health – physical, emotional and financial – is the reason Enstar offers extremely rich and affordable benefits including, but not limited to medical, dental, vision and life insurances; short and long-term disability; a Company-match of 100% of a 6% contribution 401(k) plan; an Employee Assistance Plan; Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and gym reimbursement.
Telecommuting is allowed.
About Enstar Group
Enstar Group is a publicly-traded, global, specialty insurance firm. With more than 1,400 employees in 27 offices, Enstar leverages its expertise in claims management, risk analysis, and investment to generate value. Enstar also provides management, consulting, and other services to the global insurance industry. These services make Enstar different, something unique. Enstar is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock market (ticker symbol: ESGR).