Provide support to the actuarial reserving function in the US.
Key Accountabilities / Deliverables:
Main focus of the role is to provide the following reserving support for US lines of business:
· Assist in the production of internal actuarial analysis.
· Prepare and provide data for external actuarial analysis and work with external actuarial consultants.
· Assist in internal quarterly review process, including review of loss development patterns and loss activity over the quarter to assess actual versus expected emergence.
· Assist in operation of internal controls and communication with internal and external auditors.
· Prepare actuarial support for financial statements filings and assist in the financial close process.
· Prepare standard/special reports for management.
· Assist in integrating newly acquired portfolios into Enstar’s reserving process as needed.
· In addition to the above key responsibilities, may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the Company may reasonably require.
Behavioral Competencies -
• Understands the client
• Conflict management
Innovation & Resourcefulness
• Drive for results
Teamwork & Interpersonal Skills
• Managing teams
• Business Acumen
• Functional Excellence
• Integrity and trust
• Vision and strategy
• Change management
• Develops talent
· Must be able to properly handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced business environment.
· Ability to be part of a team and to effectively work with others, internal and external.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve moderately complex situations and issues.
· Bachelor Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar.
Successful completion of 2 actuarial exams required and commitment to additional exam progress.
Technical Knowledge and Understanding:
· Have knowledge and substantial working experience with SQL, VBA, Excel, Word, Access and other applicable tools and be able to apply to actuarial related problems.
Must be proficient in preparing written, technical reports for various purposes.
· 0-2 years of actuarial experience preferably in reserving.
Enstar is a leading global insurance group that provides innovative capital release solutions and live specialty underwriting capabilities. Our diversified portfolio of companies are positioned across the world’s major insurance hubs spanning Bermuda, the US, London, Continental Europe, Singapore, Australia, and others.