Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your extensive financial and insurance expertise to this Insurance Risk and Pricing Specialist position in Ottawa and participate in important mortgage insurance and housing finance developments.
As a member of the Insurance Risk Management team, you will be responsible for the development of strategic business, risk, and pricing recommendations related to mortgage insurance and housing finance at large. You will articulate, develop, and present specific pricing, risk, and strategic business analysis and research to support critical decisions, plans and strategies that impact CMHC's operations, pricing, and policy positions in mortgage insurance, which could affect a great many Canadians.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Providing expert business guidance and technical input to development of innovative business and pricing solutions, policy and strategies related to mortgage insurance, including analyzing business, risk, and policy issues, exploring / assessing options and implications, and developing recommendations, using qualitative and quantitative assessments.
- Planning / guiding / and conducting risk and pricing analyses and research to inform and support business and strategic positions or recommendations
- Developing business position papers, submissions, presentation, , briefings and reports to senior management and the Board, and /or to inform other stakeholders, based on soft knowledge from consultations and experience and hard knowledge obtained from data, analysis, and research
- Coordinating inputs from and business discussions among internal and external stakeholders in order to develop CMHC’s responses or solutions
- Proactively identifying pricing, risk, and strategic business issues or opportunities and lead or support the development of effective responses
- Keeping abreast of market trends, policy and regulatory developments and technical innovations or research related to mortgage insurance risk and pricing in Canada and internationally.