- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Five to fifteen years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to comprehend and apply principals of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to effectively train others
- Knowledge of Microsoft word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, and able to quickly master and be proficient with applicable databases, systems, and vendor software programs
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Health and wellness – low premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage; FSA and EAP benefits
- Company paid Life, Disability and AD&D benefits
- Employee Retirement Savings Plan with employer match up to 5% of compensation
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Recognition and Rewards Programs
- Company Store
- Discounts across Berkshire Hathaway Inc. companies such as GEICO, See’s Candies, etc.
The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Pasadena, Omaha, St. Louis, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating for the last 10 consecutive years. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and insureds security and makes us one of the best brands in the marketplace.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which 'team players' thrive.
Within the last six years BHHC Workers Compensation has seen significant growth, and we’re continuing to grow as we build one of the largest Workers Compensation companies in the country – join us!
This organization participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS: 888.897.7781 www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories as required by local ordinance. Additionally, no applicant will be denied employment solely on the grounds of conviction of a criminal offense except to the extent necessary to obtain a necessary license or to comply with The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of l994, which prohibits the employment by an insurance company of persons convicted of certain crimes, unless a waiver is obtained.